About Me

My photo
In 2007, we started a ministry called NEAH (Not Even A Hint). Our Goal is to educate and encourage girls with God's truth. We provided what we liked to call 'NEAH events' for anyone who is interested. Through skits, music, fellowship, and lessons, we dive into what the Bible really says about purity. We tackled hard to talk about issues and shared our stories. Seeking the heart of God is such a joy. Now I am a speaker at Woman's events and I speak to girls of all ages. I still pull in the old team members and we are still loving the Lord. I also Speak at schools, small groups and churches. I can bring team members with me. If interested just send me a email. ~Seeking the heart of God~

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Proverbs 7 woman

I know you might be thinking, its supposed to say proverbs 31 woman Tally.  Let me go on telling you about this title.  This morning i was with a group of friends and we read proverbs 7:6-28, the header on this chapter is Warning against the adulteress.  (you should go read this right now)

We went on to discuss the warning this held for the men and how they can use this to become more aware and alerted to being intentional against this type of woman.  But the message I took away from this was how these days we are raising our girls to be a proverbs 7 woman instead of a proverbs 31 woman.

The proverbs 31 woman, has great value and is called a woman of noble character, she is a hard worker, strong, wise, talented, helps those in need, fearless, and fears the lord, she is respected by all.

The proverbs 7 woman is described as a wayward wife and seductive in her ways.  She dresses to gain attentions, is said to be loud and defiant, not dependable, bold and upfront, seeking to find love in all the wrong places.  She has persuasive words, wanting to turn the hearts of men away from God.
Call me crazy but this sounds like a lot of the young ladies I know.

It made me really think, what are we training our young ladies to be like these days.  I think the culture is training up proverbs 7 woman.  In so many ways media is screaming to our girls, be seductive, be bold, if you want it take it, there are really no consequences to the choices you make today.  You can have whatever future you dream of and still live for today.

What a bold face lie.  This makes me MAD!  There is nothing good that comes from self-seeking and man seeking ways.

A culture of adulterous woman will be the out come we dont jump in the path with the truth of the gospel.
We must turn out hearts to the lord.  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.   Modesty, self-control, bringing good to others, hard working, generous,  speaking with wisdom and faithful instruction to each other.   We must turn from the idols in our own lives and turn to God with fear.  Only then will we be called blessed instead of the adulterous.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Sister! I was reading on a blog this morning about how a woman's 8th grade daughter was taught how to put a condom on her partner and which brands are the best one's to buy! I mean, are you kidding me?? 8th Grade? We live in a society that tells our young women that sex and love mean nothing. That you can just trip along, person after person, dropping the love word and crawling into bed with whomever because its our right....Our right to treat our bodies, the temple of the Holy Spirit, like that? I think not! Excellent blog post!

    ReplyDelete