About Me

My photo
In 2007, we started a ministry called NEAH (Not Even A Hint). Our Goal is to educate and encourage girls with God's truth. We provided what we liked to call 'NEAH events' for anyone who is interested. Through skits, music, fellowship, and lessons, we dive into what the Bible really says about purity. We tackled hard to talk about issues and shared our stories. Seeking the heart of God is such a joy. Now I am a speaker at Woman's events and I speak to girls of all ages. I still pull in the old team members and we are still loving the Lord. I also Speak at schools, small groups and churches. I can bring team members with me. If interested just send me a email. ~Seeking the heart of God~

Friday, January 21, 2011

Forgiven

Well the past is playing with my head
And failure knocks me down again
I'm reminded of the wrong
That I have said and done
And that devil just wont let me forget

In this life
I know what I've been
But here in your arms
I know what I am

I'm forgiven
I'm forgiven
And I don't have to carry
The weight of who I've been
Cause I'm forgiven

My mistakes are running through my mind
And I'll relive my days, in the middle of the night
When I struggle with my pain, wrestle with my pride
Sometimes I feel alone, and I cry

When I don't think and I don't feel like I belong anywhere
When I don't measure up to much in this life
Oh, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ 'cause

I'm forgiven
I'm forgiven
And I don't have to carry
The weight of who I've been
Cause I'm forgiven
-Sanctus Real

At our NEAH events this last year, This is one of the songs I love to hear.

This morning I was listening to Revive Our Hearts online and the message being shared hit me in a gentle but mighty way.
Nancy ended the program with five lies we believe from Satan.  They were powerful.


1. You can't let anyone know. 2. You can't be forgiven. 3. You can't forgive others. 
4. You can't ever be whole after what you've done.
5. You can never be useful to God.


song-
"And the devil just wont let me forget"

Now when I read these I agree with the fact that we believe these lies.  But the reminder I got from the message today was that I often allow myself to un-forgive myself.  Pretty sure that is not a word.  Spell check is yelling at me in bright red dots right now.  But I like this term, because I feel like this is something I fall headfirst into at times.  I un-forgive myself.


song-
And I don't have to carry
The weight of who I've been
Cause I'm forgiven


It stems from the lies satan whispers in my ear.  If at anytime I believe just one of those five lies it turns into unforgiving myself.  Now, I can believe that a loving and just God who created all things, forgives me. The hard part is continuing to forgive myself.

song-
 My mistakes are running through my mind
And I'll relive my days, in the middle of the night
When I struggle with my pain, wrestle with my pride
Sometimes I feel alone, and I cry


I feel justified in not forgiving myself because I am not God.  I give into shame and reject grace at this point.  I was reminded how this leads to being unproductive for the Lord.  Wow these five lies are so intertwined it is crazy.  So if I only believe one lie it takes me into the others so quickly, I am caught off guard.  

So I have to be ready to take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ.  Gods forgiveness in Christ is truth.  Not my feelings!!!!!!!  I cannot even let a thread of un-forgiveness be in me. Because the truth is I am forgiven.

  I am a new creation in Christ.  We are new.  Do you get that?  The old has gone and I am made new because of the great big love of my savior.  I have been set free from the bondage of sin.  I can repent and trust God with that old junk!  I can trust him with my new junk.  I am  coninuing to die to self and sin and being made new in Christ.  When I let this truth lead me I then can then have the peace with God through Jesus Christ that leads to a productive life.  I have a choice each day.

Romans 5 is all about this truth.


 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we[c] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
 9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11 Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.


 12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—

Ladies God want us to have a fruitful,  spirit filled, life in Christ.  Freedom is ours through His forgiveness and we must forgive ourselves in order to walk in this freedom he has given us.  Walking in the footsteps of faith. The choice is ours.


Love to you today, thank you for taking the time to read this.
New creation in Christ
Tally

1 comment:

  1. I like this. I like the point about understanding that today you are a new creation. I am not help down any longer by yesterday. I can look ahead, not behind. What a good thing to remember. I love you Tally. Thanks for taking the time to write this. Love that we're friends.

    ReplyDelete