About Me

My photo
In 2007, we started a ministry called NEAH (Not Even A Hint). Our Goal is to educate and encourage girls with God's truth. We provided what we liked to call 'NEAH events' for anyone who is interested. Through skits, music, fellowship, and lessons, we dive into what the Bible really says about purity. We tackled hard to talk about issues and shared our stories. Seeking the heart of God is such a joy. Now I am a speaker at Woman's events and I speak to girls of all ages. I still pull in the old team members and we are still loving the Lord. I also Speak at schools, small groups and churches. I can bring team members with me. If interested just send me a email. ~Seeking the heart of God~

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Do you ever?

Do you ever compare yourself to others?

Do you compare your looks, size, gifts, actions, desires, wealth, family, shortcomings, or other things with the people around you?

I was enjoying breakfast with two sweet college girls today and we were talking about how we do this and where it takes us.  Its funny we all know this is not a good thing but we allow ourselves to fall head first into this habit of comparison.  We want to find something to make us feel better about ourselves or sometimes we even want to feel sorry for ourselves.  Why do we fall for this trap?

I want in my own life so badly to be focused on biblical principles, sound doctrine and divine truth yet i allow myself to spend time comparing things in my life to the successes, beauty, sizes, and failures of others.  This should not be.

Not only is this worldly, but it changes my perspective and sends my thoughts spiraling into selfish places I am embarrassed to admit.  When I do this my foundation for life begins to shift and tremble.  I know the joy in this life comes from focusing on What Jesus has done for me on the cross.  Nothing else! So if I  want others to see in me Jesus and share the good news of eternal life, I cannot be caught in this act of comparison.  Nothing in it is good.

These are some of the things that help me when it comes to this trap.

1) Be grateful in all things

If i am focused on gratitude I am taking my thoughts captive and being glad for what I have been given.  I am no longer in a place that can take me captive to self when I am thankful!!!  I am so blessed to have so much, it is ridiculous to think of having a ungrateful, stingy heart.

2) Prayer

The more I pray the better my connection is to God the giver of all things and the one who created me just the way I am.  I am much less likely to try to put down Gods creation, because that just seems wrong to tell him what I should look like, be doing, or what gifts I think I should have.

3) Put on the full armor of God daily

I actually picture myself wearing each peace of armor and think about how that will help me to live in that day.  Truth is the center and balance of the day, knowing salvation is a gift and guiding my mind and thoughts, Righteousness is protecting my heart from falling into sin, faith, guarding me in all my ways, Gods word able to fight against satans fiery darts, Peace taking me where I need to go.

God has given us everything we need to lead productive lives through our knowledge of Him.
Ladies let us quit comparing ourselves to each other and focus our eyes on Jesus.  Take off the coat of selfish ambition and love each other instead of comparing ourselves to each other. Let us encourage one another daily in Gods truths and Let us let God lead us, his children in the life he has planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment