About Me

My photo
In 2007, we started a ministry called NEAH (Not Even A Hint). Our Goal is to educate and encourage girls with God's truth. We provided what we liked to call 'NEAH events' for anyone who is interested. Through skits, music, fellowship, and lessons, we dive into what the Bible really says about purity. We tackled hard to talk about issues and shared our stories. Seeking the heart of God is such a joy. Now I am a speaker at Woman's events and I speak to girls of all ages. I still pull in the old team members and we are still loving the Lord. I also Speak at schools, small groups and churches. I can bring team members with me. If interested just send me a email. ~Seeking the heart of God~

Monday, January 2, 2012

Deep places of the heart

I love the devotional book "My Utmost for His Highest"

After reading this today my mind went to the places I don't even know how to describe.  A interwoven highway of everything happening in the last month from relationships, conversations, concerns for my children's future to the presents that we got for Christmas.  I know some of you ladies know all to well what that is like.  The cool thing was it took me to Gods word for some clarity.  All the questions and thoughts that often leave me feeling like a failure drove me to look for some answers.  The reading came from Jeremiah 4:1.  " If you will return, O Israel,' says the Lord..."
The devotional is followed by a wonderful reminder about the battle  we have in our lives.  The very battle of our soul.  What we must wrestle with before the almighty God.   Our will!

I turn my bible to Jeremiah 4 (actually i looked it up online)  and read vrs 1 through 4.
What clarity Gods word speaks to the heart.  It is a call to return to the Lord.  To remove the "detestable idols" and not to waver.  How these very words bring tears to my eyes i cant explain but to say that God desires our hearts and warn us not to settle for anything other than a heart bowed to the king.
In vr 4 it says " Circumcise yourselves to the Lord; remove the foreskin of your hearts,..."

This is funny only because just a few weeks ago i had a 9th grade girl text me "what is circumcision, it says it a lot in the old testament?" I of coarse I sent her back a text telling her to ask her mom :)

But now i wish i would have called her and shared this truth.  God desires out hearts to turn to him.  To love him first above all else.  The spiritual significance of this word is a internal sense of cutting away the impurities we allow our hearts to hide behind.  It signifies purity. In Jeremiah:--

Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns; circumcise yourselves unto Jehovah, and take away the foreskin of your heart, O man of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem (Jeremiah 4:3, 4);
to circumcise one's self to Jehovah, and remove the foreskin of the heart, is to remove such things that obstruct heavenly love; all which shows that the circumcision of the heart is an interior thing.

In the confusion that often occurs in our very hearts around this time of year, this was a well received message for my very heart.

Putting aside the Idols of my heart and not going astray, intentionally seeking to not allow my heart to be covered by false desires of the world, is a daily surrender to my Lord and savior.  How easily we are drawn in but the things of this world.
To love others with the love we received is the gretest joy of all.  let us love the Lord first, love others and not go astray as to what is most important.

Seeking the heart of God,
Tally

No comments:

Post a Comment