About Me

My photo
In 2007, we started a ministry called NEAH (Not Even A Hint). Our Goal is to educate and encourage girls with God's truth. We provided what we liked to call 'NEAH events' for anyone who is interested. Through skits, music, fellowship, and lessons, we dive into what the Bible really says about purity. We tackled hard to talk about issues and shared our stories. Seeking the heart of God is such a joy. Now I am a speaker at Woman's events and I speak to girls of all ages. I still pull in the old team members and we are still loving the Lord. I also Speak at schools, small groups and churches. I can bring team members with me. If interested just send me a email. ~Seeking the heart of God~

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Will Follow You!

I know it has been awhile.  I don't know if anyone reads this, but I am back.

Matthew 7:21-24
 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

    24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.”

 I have been reading so much lately and I love learning more and more about what it means to be a follower of Christ. Unfortunately I think it is easy for us to rest on our faith. But is this what we are called to do as followers of Christ? I don't think so. The culture around you makes it ok to just say you believe or call yourself a Christian, but are you really a Christian if you are not following the teachings of Christ?

Christ says love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind. Then love others as your self. Man if we were doing this we would quit worrying about who liked us, or who is treating us the way we think we deserve to be treated, and we would treat others the way Christ calls us to. We would live life completely different. Scripture is full of examples of what it looks like to love others and what it looks like to love the Lord first.

In the book of John, Jesus says, "Whoever hears my teachings and obeys them, he is the one who loves me."  How often do we seek to have His teachings really lead us in life?  Some of these are hard teachings-
Turn the other cheek, do not judge, the last shall be first, be humble, feed the hungry, give to the needy, flee sexual immorality, do not have even a hint of greed, do not love money, do not get drunk, be careful how you live not as unwise and as wise, give your life as a living sacrifice holy and pleasing to God, clothe yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ and do not think how to gratify the desires of your sinful nature, these are just a few of the teachings from scripture that we ignore.

Why do we do this? Often I think it is because we don’t take scripture serious. We worry what other people will think about us if we follow these teachings, because if we really follow the teachings of scripture we would look different. We would have to look different because this is not the way our culture operates. So I ask you two questions. Do you take all scripture serious? Are you letting scripture lead you in the way you live life?  If you claim to be a follower of Christ this is important to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment