About Me

My photo
In 2007, we started a ministry called NEAH (Not Even A Hint). Our Goal is to educate and encourage girls with God's truth. We provided what we liked to call 'NEAH events' for anyone who is interested. Through skits, music, fellowship, and lessons, we dive into what the Bible really says about purity. We tackled hard to talk about issues and shared our stories. Seeking the heart of God is such a joy. Now I am a speaker at Woman's events and I speak to girls of all ages. I still pull in the old team members and we are still loving the Lord. I also Speak at schools, small groups and churches. I can bring team members with me. If interested just send me a email. ~Seeking the heart of God~

Monday, March 14, 2011

Stumbling Around In The Dark

Have you ever had to get ready in the dark?

 This doesn't happen very often for me; but today I had an early morning girl’s bible study and was up before the love of my life. I stumbled out of bed, grabbed my clothes, and slipped into the bathroom to get dressed. I have florescent lights and they take a few minutes to get warmed up, so I thought I would get dressed first and then do hair and makeup when I can see. All went well and I was out the door on time. I lead bible study and faced the day. As I was sitting with a friend two hours later I realized my shirt was inside out...that's embarrassing I thought but whatever the day must go on. Then I went on to do more things, as the day went on I realized that I had also managed to put on other items of clothing that were inside out...yes, I wasn't paying attention in the early morning hours and I was in the dark. I also recall dropping things and probably making a lot of noise all the while trying to be quiet so as not to wake up my husband. Moral of the story trying to do things in the dark doesn't work out too well.

When it comes to living life though, this is often what we do.

This made me think about something that I say a lot at events and to girls that will listen.

 When there is no light in the room, you stumble around in the dark and don't even realize the things you're doing. It doesn’t seem like a big deal until you get hurt. Ever stubbed your toe or tripped on something? Then suddenly you're aware that maybe this is not the best way to do things.

 This is a lot of what my teenage and early adult life was like. I stumbled around in the dark, doing things that didn’t seem so bad, while getting pretty bruised and hurt. I didn’t want to allow the light to shine on me or my desires.  I somehow knew there was probably a better way but it seemed so bright...ahhahahah

Then one day, I guess I finally hurt enough and was bruised enough to wonder if there was any way out of the darkness I had treasured.  I had become the worst version of me that I could imagine.

In John 8 Jesus said,  “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

I will never forget the way things changed when I allowed God to shine light into my dark corner and begin to heal my bruises.

His truth began to shine light and change me. Verses like this came to life for me.




1.          “There are those who rebel against the light, who do not know its ways or stay in its paths.
Job 24:12-14 
2.           Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
Psalm 119:104-106 (in Context) Psalm 119 (Whole Chapter)
3.          Proverbs 4:18
The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
Proverbs 4:17-19 (in Context) Proverbs 4 (Whole Chapter)
4.          Isaiah 42:16
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:15-17 (in Context) Isaiah 42 (Whole Chapter)
If you have found yourself stumbling around in the darkness I want to encourage you. There is nothing better than the light to help you turn things back right side out. Jesus said, "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."

You are dearly loved,

Seeking the heart of God
Tally

No comments:

Post a Comment