About Me

My photo
In 2007, we started a ministry called NEAH (Not Even A Hint). Our Goal is to educate and encourage girls with God's truth. We provided what we liked to call 'NEAH events' for anyone who is interested. Through skits, music, fellowship, and lessons, we dive into what the Bible really says about purity. We tackled hard to talk about issues and shared our stories. Seeking the heart of God is such a joy. Now I am a speaker at Woman's events and I speak to girls of all ages. I still pull in the old team members and we are still loving the Lord. I also Speak at schools, small groups and churches. I can bring team members with me. If interested just send me a email. ~Seeking the heart of God~

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Change- a fork in the road

I have been thinking a lot lately about how it was that I came to understand the truth and love of God.
And at what point did it change me?

~I was blind and now I see~

There is a story in the book of John about a man born blind, until one day he met Jesus and was healed.  Jesus healed this man to display the work of God; this caused a great deal of disturbance in his community.  Some didn’t believe he was the man who had been blind until his parents affirmed that he was indeed their son.  Furthermore, many were upset because the healing took place on the Sabbath day.

The interesting thing is everyone kept asking the man how it was that he was healed.  He told them over and over and they still didn't believe him. Eventually they ended up throwing him out because he could not answer their questions the way they wanted them to be answered.

The one thing that the man knew beyond a shadow of a doubt was that he was blind but now could see.

I think about my life and how it is so similar to this mans.  Now, I was not physically blind, but I was living in blindness to the truth.  I can also relate to the people that were so upset with the man.  Often at times in my life I have asked questions about Jesus and didn't get the answer I wanted, so I would reject what was said to me.

I think there are many of us that call ourselves Christians but we are blind to the things of God, because we don't know His truth.  For me it wasn't until I was the worst me I imagined I could be that I really opened my heart to Gods truth.  I in a sense gave up trying to live for the things I thought would complete me and began to seek God's truth.  I never thought it would really change me.  Well I am here to again share that I have never been the same.  I began to understand his love in a way that was new and life changing for me.  I began to hunger and thirst for the guidance and truth in His word; it brought a healing and joy that I had never known.  I don't know exactly how to explain this to you, but one thing I do know is that I was blind but now I see.

When I looked to the Lord he allowed me to know Him.  This changed me.  If you are at the fork in the road in your life I want to encourage you.  Take the narrow road.  Fix your eyes on Jesus.  Repent of the things you have been looking to for fulfillment and look to the Lord for all things.  I remember this being one of the first verses that I treasured early on.

Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart,
Lean not on your own understanding.
But in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear the Lord and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
Proverbs 3:5-8


I was so unhealthy...mind, body, and spirit.  I always looked to my understanding of things and wanted it my way.  I didn't acknowledge God in anything except claiming eternal life.  I was selfish and allowed evil in my life in many areas because I didn’t think it was that bad.  It took me places I never thought I would go and kept me there longer than I ever dreamed.

Biblical truth isn't only a matter of salvation, but it is a truth about all reality and how to live the life God intended.  The Bible tells us to throw off everything that hinders, the sin that so easily entangles us and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  But the problem is that we don't want to throw off the things we think are ok for us.  We don't want to run anywhere.  We like taking it easy and being comfortable.  We don't want to be different from the culture around us. We are ignorant of the sin that so easily entangles us.  Until often we are so unhealthy and broken we are blind to the things of God all together.

The creator of the universe created you in His image.  He has a plan for you in this life.  But how can you know it or experience His light if you insist on walking around in the dark stubbing your toes on everything you can't see. Just before Jesus healed the blind man he told His disciples that he was the light of the world.

Please don't let His truth fall on deaf ears today. Ask the Lord if there are things in your life you have been blind to.  Seek His truth and know that He doesn't want you to have anything to do with things that are not pleasing to Him.  He can bring healing to you and wants you to see the things of God.
I pray that your goal is God himself, not joy or peace but only to know the Lord.

 Psalms 27:4

"One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple."

Let us seek to please the Lord in all we do.
To love him with all of our heart, our mind, and our strength,

Seeking the Heart of God
You are loved,
Tally

No comments:

Post a Comment